By participating in this event in any form or capacity you agree to have read these terms and conditions and to abide by them.
Exhibitor Terms and Conditions
- The Organiser: Federation of British Bonsai Societies, in conjunction with Friends of the National Bonsai Collection.
- Office address: BiBS Admin Office, c/o Unit 9, Centenary Business Centre, Hammond Close, Nuneaton. CV11 6RY. United Kingdom.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web address: www.bibsevents.com
1. Venue: The British International Bonsai Show (Herein called “Show”) shall take place at The British Motor Museum in Gayley, Worcestershire, England (Herein called the “show site”) over three consecutive days – Friday 9th – Sunday 11th July 2021.
2. Exhibition Timetable: Public opening.
Friday 9th July 2021 - 10 am - 5 pm.
Saturday 10th July 2021 - 10 am - 5 pm.
Sunday 11th July 2021 - 10 am - 4 pm. Friday 9th and Saturday 10th July evening events; 7 pm - 10 pm.
3. Admission: will be by prior booking when an email receipt will be exchanged for an event wristband on arrival at event reception.
Subject to capacity - day tickets can not be guaranteed. You are advised to book well in advance.
Trade access times are published in the Trade Area of this website and will be confirmed with any trade space reservation.
All exhibits must be open for business during show opening hours. No dismantling or packing-up may be started before the show closes on Sunday 11th July 2021 at 4 pm. The exhibitor has an obligation to attendees to ensure that these terms are not violated.
For the purpose of clarity in these terms and conditions, an exhibitor is any person, firm or individual providing a product, service or demonstration for retail, trade or promotional display as booked to appear at the show.
4. Errors: The Organiser is not responsible for any errors, misspellings etc., in any Show publication, advertising, or in any Show electronic media.
5. Allocation of space:
Space is allocated as reserved, based on the best possible layout for the show and the enjoyment of visitors. Any completed stand which in the opinion of the Organiser, is inappropriate, is subject to being altered to comply with the Organiser requirements at the expense of the Exhibitor.
No Exhibitor may sub-let or share their allocated space with any other organisation or company without permission form the Organiser. If the Exhibitor decides to cancel by written notice, the Organiser has the right to retain all amounts paid by the Exhibitor based on the schedule of payments of the application/contract for stand space. Deposits and/or payments may be non-refundable. The Organiser reserves the right in the event of unavoidable circumstances to change the layout of the exhibition, or any part thereof without liability to the Exhibitor. Any exhibitor affected by any possible change will be notified.
6. Exhibit Area: All aisles and entrance doors will be under the control of the Organiser. Merchandise, displays, signs or other property of the Exhibitor may not extend into the aisles to obstruct the view of other spaces or aisles. Marked areas will be provided to help with this.
The exhibitor and their agents, employees or other representatives may not sell merchandise, give souvenirs or hand out any other literature of any kind anywhere other than in their own exhibit space. The Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion to (1) determine the eligibility of Exhibitors and exhibits for the show, (2) reject or prohibit exhibits or Exhibitors which the Organisers consider objectionable, and (3) relocate exhibitors or exhibits when in the Organisers opinion such moves are necessary to maintain the integrity and/or good order of the Show.
Exhibitors or Demonstrators may not operate sound or visual equipment that might prove disturbing to other exhibitors. The Organisers have the right to determine the acceptable level of sound in all such instances. The Exhibitor may distribute printed matter, souvenirs, or other articles only within their space. Food and beverages must not be sold or given away, and any novelty or promotional items must be pre-approved by the Organiser during a pre-show inspection. Any outside service contracted for by the Exhibitor, not included in this contract must be reviewed and approved by the Organiser. Any property left within the Show confines beyond the specified time will be removed and the Exhibitor will be charged for removal and storage costs.
7. Payment /Cancellation Charges: A deposit as requested is required to reserve stand space. Full payment for the space reserved must be paid on the provision of the Organisers invoice no later than 31st December 2020 or in the case of a late booking, three months ahead of the show. If anyone wishes to cancel their attendance, then the following applies:
Cancellation on or before 30 June 2020 – loss of 30% of the total value
Cancellation between 1 July 2020 and 9 April 2021 – loss of 70% of the total value
Cancellation after 9 April 2021 – loss of 100% of the total value
This contract may only be cancelled if written notice is received by the Organiser. Please email here:
In the event the Exhibitor fails to make payment or fails to comply in any respect with the terms of this contract, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel this contract without notice and all rights of the Exhibitor on account hereof will be retained by the Organiser as liquidated damages for breach of the contract and the Organiser may thereupon re-rent said space. Failure to appear at the event does not release the Exhibitor from responsibility for payment of the full cost of the space rented. If an exhibitor fails to occupy the space he has contracted for, by 10:00 am Friday 9th July 2021, or fails to comply with the terms of this application/contract, the Organiser has the right to use the space in any manner.
8. Fees: The fees paid per this contract represent an agreed measure of compensation for fair value of service rendered by the Organiser. Any sums paid in excess of the above cancellation charges will be refunded by the Organiser. The Organiser shall be entitled to close an exhibit at any time for failure by an Exhibitor or his assignee or any other officers, agents, employees, or other representatives of such Exhibitor or assignee to perform, meet or observe any terms or condition set forth herein and such Exhibitor shall not be entitled to any refund or any part of any fee. Full payment for contracted exhibition space has to be received for the event with the booking form by 9th April 2021 or the said exhibition space shall be released.
9. Refunds: In the event that of any cause beyond the control of the Organiser and the show or any part thereof is prevented from being held, is cancelled, or exhibit space hereunder becomes unavailable, any refund of exhibit fees to the exhibitor shall be at the absolute discretion of the Organisers. Such refund if given shall be a proportionate share of the balance of the aggregate exhibit fees received which remains after incurring expenses incurred by the Show and reasonable compensation to the Show, but in no case shall the amount of refund to the Exhibitor exceed the amount of exhibit fee paid. The Exhibitor shall not have any right to an accounting review or audit of the financial records of the show.
10. Arrivals/Deliveries: Arrival for set-up and any deliveries shall be made only at a time specified by the Organisers prior to the show. This will be confirmed to you in an Exhibitors information pack to be sent to all attendees in good time which will also give arrival and ‘booking in’ details for the show. The Organiser and the show site are not responsible for any loss or theft of an Exhibitors merchandise or equipment during any period of the Show including set-up/dismantling.
11. Fire, Theft, Accident: The Organiser will maintain security service in the show site and/or shall make reasonable efforts to provide security. However, the Organiser shall not be responsible for the safety of the Exhibitor or Demonstrator, its property, employees, visitors or customers from theft, disappearance, pilferage, injury or damage by fire, accident or any other cause. The Exhibitor assumes sole liability for any losses resulting from such causes. The Organiser shall not provide insurance for the benefit of the Exhibitor. The Exhibitor agrees to comply with fire regulations promulgated by the show site, which among other regulations, prohibits attachment of any signs or other items to the walls of the building, or to attach signs to the drapery of the stand unless fireproofed. The Organisers may request any Exhibitor to show a valid PAT (Portable Tool & Appliance) certificate for any electrical items used. Where power tools are involved, suitable personal protective equipment must be provided and at all times to ensure the safety of any individual or member of the public. The Organisers reserve the right to stop their use at any time upon immediate request. Anyone using power tools or any other rotary equipment as part of their display must seek a pre-opening inspection form to be completed and agreed with the Organisers as part of standard risk assessments ahead of the public opening. Anyone requiring electrical power must advise this at the time of their booking for which additional fees will apply. The Organisers can’t guarantee electrical power will be available at all stand positions.
12. Indemnification: All Exhibitors shall indemnify and hold the Organiser harmless from any damages, losses or liabilities resulting from any claims, demands, suits or other actions based on or arising out of the Exhibitor’s or Demonstrators occupation or use of exhibition space or its installation, operation or removal of exhibits including but not limited to all claims and demands of exhibitors or any third party including any of, their agents, employees, representatives, customers and guests for injury to person or property (including theft or mysterious disappearance) arising by virtue of any occurrence in the exhibit space or show site or in the period during which the Exhibitor enters or exits the Show Site. The Exhibitor shall observe and abide by additional regulations made by the show for the efficient, safe operation or success of the show and such additional regulations shall be at the sole discretion of the Organiser. Any exhibitor who violates the above terms and conditions is subject to being refused further participation in this show or any other show managed by the Organiser. Any outstanding fee or residual charge for exhibition space would also be forfeited with no recall on the Organiser to settle any outstanding costs in such a circumstance. Disputes will not be entered into at the show and the organising committee's decision, on behalf of the Organisers, will be final.
13. Insurance: Exhibitors are required to carry their own personal, product and public liability insurance for the duration of the event.
A valid copy will be requested from all exhibitors to be provided (valid for the show period) at least one month in advance, or at the very latest, on event registration ahead of access for set-up. Failure to provide suitable cover will prevent access to exhibit at the show.
14. Electricity & Plumbing: Any electrical and/or plumbing requirements should be directed to the Organisers on reserving your space. Additional costs will apply and might involve the use of approved Show contractors. The Organisers shall not accept liability for any charge for such electrical or plumbing work. Please advise any electrical needs as soon as possible as electrical points are limited.
15. Amendments: The Organiser shall have full power to interpret and/or amend these Terms and Conditions which in its discretion shall be in the best interest of the show. The decision of the Organiser must be accepted as final in any dispute between the Exhibitor and any situation not covered by these Terms and Conditions. Likewise, the organiser may substitute any part of the exhibition, show or any individual demonstrator as circumstances arise ahead of, or during the show period. In all cases, an equivalent replacement will be sought although no guarantee will be given, nor will the organisers enter into any discussion on any deemed compensation against admission, event or appearance fees.
16. Obligations: The Exhibitor/Organiser does not guarantee in any way the success of any exhibitor.
17. Exclusivity: The Organiser does not offer exclusivity for any products or services, nor can we guarantee that you will not be placed near a competitor. However, we shall try to accommodate you as best we can to give the best exhibition and show possible for public attention and exhibitor sales.
18. Failure to provide Exhibit Space: The Organiser shall not be responsible for any damage or cause of action resulting from failure to provide a specified exhibit space due to any reason beyond its control or due to its sole or partial negligence. In the event of such a failure to provide a specified exhibit space, the Organiser may, at its option, terminate this Agreement/Contract in its entirety by refunding up to 50% of the total exhibit fee paid by the Exhibitor, thereby releasing the parties hereto from any and all further obligation under this agreement. In the event of a partial or total evacuation of the exhibit space for less than three (3) hours for a cause beyond the control of the Organisers, there shall be no reduction or abatement of the Exhibit fee paid by the Exhibitor. In the event of a partial or total evacuation of the exhibit space for three hours or more, the exhibit fee shall be reduced in proportion to the period of time lost in relation to the total time of the exhibition per the exhibition timetable, up to a maximum reduction of 50% of the total exhibit fee per exhibition day. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, in no event shall the Organiser’s liability to an Exhibitor hereunder exceed the total exhibit fee paid per the Application/Contract. See notice 19 in these terms and conditions for any cancellation period that exceeds this time limit.
19: Total Event Cancellation: The Organiser shall insure against event cancellation.
In the unlikely event that circumstances dictate the event being cancelled ahead of the show, then the following repayment scale will be applicable.
Cancellation within 6 months of the event commencing - a full refund of all fees paid.
Cancellation within 3 months of the event commencing - a full refund of all fees while honouring any pre-payments agreed within exhibitor contracts that include travel, accommodation and other costs already paid in advance and for which valid invoices can be furnished in not already covered by the Organisers. An appearance fee, if applicable, will not be covered or accepted as chargeable by the Organisers.
Cancellation within 1 month of the event or during the event weekend (exceeding 3 hours total) - a refund of all fees and costs as agreed in the exhibitor contract together with any appearance fees agreed within any exhibitor contract.
20: Display of these Terms & Conditions. A copy will be provided with each exhibitor contract/information pack to be sent to all exhibitors ahead of the show. In advance of these, the terms hereby laid out on this website are deemed as suitable notice and will be reviewed ongoing, with any major update being sent to confirmed exhibitors via email. Booking and appearance at the show constitute the exhibitors' acceptance of these terms and conditions, as published at the time of booking and that they will abide by them.
This T&C issue # 2: March 2020